Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Empire Disney Strikes Back


Well, it wasn't really the Disney part that struck back, it was the up-chucking flu part. It hit hard on Saturday, 3 days ago. I was fine when I woke up in Compiègne- side note, Joan of Arc was captured by the Burgundians after trying to free Compiègne during the hundred...and I can't wait to go back to school to take some history classes. Yet after taking a few bites of cereal my stomach was too happy. I had hoped to explore another castle that day or visit with a mutual acquantince in Paris but the gurgling from my stomach overruled all other previous thoughts.

After walking through Compiègne with a terribly queasy stomach, I took the train back to Chantilly. During the uncomfortable train ride, I worked on mastering the art of not thinking about how nauseated I felt. I made it back, crawled into bed, with a trash can at hand, and fell asleep. I wish I could say c'est tout, that's all, and would have been done with it but I'm out of energy and continue to feel queasy.

So I did enjoy my time at Pierrefonds castle. It was a beautiful time and I do have access to some of the pictures I took.



Early Friday morning I head to Taize monastary for the weekend to spend sometime with Jesus. I come back Sunday night to finish my last day as a nanny on Monday. The next two weeks are full of travels across France and England. I won't have frequent access to a computer, as I do now but do look forward to some.

0 comments: