Thursday, February 12, 2009

A child

Stepping into this family, joining up with them in the way they cook, the way they take the kids to school, the way they live, has been exactly what everyone has told me, it's not what I expected. Before coming I thought that I would just jump into whatever the norm of the Cross family was, little did I really realize how excruciating it is to lose a child, how that pain and sorrow is carried. This isn't a normal time for the family, yet in the same moment it is.

How can I, a mere 20-year-old, offer compassion to a hurting family. It's funny to me how traits that I see in the girls stand out so strongly because I don't like that they exist in me. Watching Claire and Emma, the two eldest girls, argue draws me back to bickering with Drea (my sister). *shakes her head* God sure has a sense of humor.

I'm mapping out my time for next week. I'm taking the TGV, the fast train, to Lyon. Lyon is near the Alps and I'm going to be staying at a camp in the Alps for a few days. Check out the website,Camp of the Peaks, if you would like. Afterward, I'm going to take the train to Torino, Italy to eat some real Italian food and real tiramisu, my favourite dessert. Did I mention real? I may stay the night in Torino, I haven't quite figured out all the details, just yet. I'll be gone for five days.

Á Plus Tard (At a later time)


Raechel

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing what is on your heart. I pray for Amy's heart to continue to heal and for God to continue to use you in special ways for this family. By the way, I loved the Alps, they are almost as beautiful as the Rockies. : ) Be careful traveling my adventurous daughter and know that you are loved!