Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pirates!


Dear Monsieur Whiskers,

Have you ever seen pirates in France? Well, I have a shock for you. There were pirates running around in Apremont hier (yesterday). I have pictures to prove it. They were an energetic bunch, a few neighbors stared as they walked past. The pirates balade (strolled) by to meet another rowdy group for a fight to the finish. It was awesome.

Dans l'après-midi, I tried my hand at ratatouille. It's a popular french dish made up of vegetables such as d'aubergine (eggplant), de courgette (zucchini), de poivron (red pepper), d'oignon (onion), d'ail (garlic), and de tomate. C'étais délicieus!

Dans le soir
, I went to Chantilly for a beer with some other au pairs. We met at this cute café called Le Syliva. There were 9 other girls around my age. It was good to hear about some other of the girls experiences of being an au pair. They meet up every Wednesday at the café in Chantilly. I know I will be back.

The plan for this weekend is to go into Paris and visit the Musée d'Orsay. Then that evening find a little jazz club and enjoy some French jazz music. Let's see if it all works out!

Until next time,

Raechel



This is moi.

This is Sarah, another au pair, chasing the pirates!


Sarah and Emma fighting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do French pirates say "ARRRRG!"?

Anonymous said...

cute!! sounds fun!!! :)

Anonymous said...

My daughter the pirate!! You are something else...Love you!

Nana said...

Hi Raechel!
We are following you and we love the pictures:) Keep updating!
Nana

Anonymous said...

I'm with your dad, wondering, do French pirates say "Arrg!" And does this mean you will speak French on International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

I *love* the pictures, Little Bear. Please keep posting and telling us how you are doing. Miss you muchly, and I'm so proud of you.

Love,
Belle Mere